• Tue / 22 October 2019 / 14:36
  • Category: Politics
  • News Code: 98073022164
  • Journalist : 71477

Iran officially asks UN to participate in investigation about Sabiti oil tanker

نفت کش ایراني SABITI

Tehran (ISNA) – Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the UN sent a letter to Secretary-General António Guterres, asking UN experts to take part in the investigations about the recent attack on Iranian oil tanker Sabiti in the Red Sea.

Sabiti oil tanker was targeted by two missiles in the Red Sea about 60 miles (96 km) from Jeddah port on October 11.

Iran said in the letter that the attack was perpetrated by a state actor and considers it “an act of terrorism”

Iranian Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif had previously said that according to the obtained information, the attack was carried out by one or more governments but Iran will refrain from making any accusations for now as the investigation into the attack continues.

End Item

Follow us on Twitter @Isna_Int

Comments

You are replying to: .