• Sun / 5 August 2018 / 14:40
  • Category: Politics
  • News Code: 97051407511
  • Journalist : 71593

Iran condemns failed assassination of Venezuelan president

نشست خبری بهرام قاسمی سخنگوی وزارت امور خارجه

Tehran (ISNA) - Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi vigorously condemned attempted assassination of Venezuelan president, Nicolas Maduro.

Citing the terrorist attack, Qassemi said, “We consider the attempt as an action toward destabilizing and damaging the security of Venezuela which serves the interests of the government and public enemies and we vigorously condemn the attack”.

Earlier in the day, Maduro said that he was attacked by several drones loaded with explosives during his address at a public event in Caracas. The president and the officials, who were present at the demonstration, were unhurt in the incident. However, a total of seven servicemen were injured in the attack, according to Venezuelan Information Minister Jorge Rodriguez.

Maduro also said earlier on Sunday that some of the organizers of a failed assassination have already been detained. He went on to accuse right-wing Venezuela's and Colombia's right forces as well as Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, of staging the drone attack.

The Venezuelan leader underlined that some organizers of the attack are living in the United States, and asked his US counterpart Donald Trump for help in bringing them to justice.

End Item

Comments

You are replying to: .